Hemant Tagare, PhD
- Professor of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging and of Biomedical Engineering
Dr. Hemant D. Tagare's research interests include new and innovative approaches to bio-medical image analysis, especially in Cryogenic electron microscopy of proteins, MRI and ultrasound image segmentation, non-rigid registration, shape spaces, and image indexing, and each of the former's foundational issues.
Specialized Terms: Heart motion analysis
- PhD, Rice University, 1989
- Tagare H.D., Groisser D., Skrinjar O., “Symmetric Non-rigid Registration: A Geometric Theory and Some Numerical Techniques”, Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision 2008.
- Tagare H. D., Chen Y., Fulbright R. K., “Comparison of EM-based and Level Set Partial Volume Segmentations of MR Brain Images”, (J. M. Reinhardt, J. P. W. Pluim, eds.), Medical Imaging 2208, Proc. SPIE vol6914, pp.69140N-1 - 69140N-7, 2008.
- Yue Y, Tagare HD, Madsen EL, Frank GR, Hobson MA. Evaluation of a cardiac ultrasound segmentation algorithm using a phantom. Medical Image Computing And Computer-assisted Intervention : MICCAI ... International Conference On Medical Image Computing And Computer-Assisted Intervention 2008, 11:101-9.
- Tagare HD, Sigworth F, Barthel A. Fast, adaptive expectation-maximization alignment for Cryo-EM. Medical Image Computing And Computer-assisted Intervention : MICCAI ... International Conference On Medical Image Computing And Computer-Assisted Intervention 2008, 11:855-62.
- Tagare H. D., Groisser D., Skrinjar O. "A Geometric Theory of Symmetric Registration." Mathematical Methods in Biomedical Image Analysis, Intl. Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, New York, NY, 2006.