Must be Yale Faculty.
What Success Looks Like:
- Startup formation
- Licenses to biotech and pharma
- Major industry-sponsored research agreements
- Pilot Grants: $100,000 for 1 Year
- Development Grants: $300,000 for 1-2 Years
- Most or all of funding used to pay for work at contract research organizations (CROs). Not intended to support research within Yale labs.
- Research addresses major unmet need
- Strong indications of commercial interest
- Technology is near a “value inflection point”
- Technology is patentable with freedom to operate
- Engaged, committed principal investigator