Nancy Angoff, MD, MPH, MEd
- Associate Professor of Medicine (General Medicine)
- Associate Dean for Student Affairs
I direct the first Master Course for first year medical students entitled Introduction to the Profession. I am interested in early professional identification; stories of the profession, patients, New Haven and ourselves; power relationships in health care; and improving the learning environment. I was a junior high school English teacher before medical school and am interested in the intersection of the humanities with medicine. My research interests are in these areas and in ways to improve the medical student experience.
- MD, Yale University, 1990
- MPH, Yale University, 1981
- MEd, University of Cincinnati, 1971
- Green M. Angoff N. Encandela J. Test Anxiety and USMLE Scores. Clin Teach. 2016 Apr;13(2):142-6.
- Gui W. and Angoff N. Double Vision. Academic Medicine. 89: 291, February 2014.
- Angoff NR and Fortin AF. Passing the Torch: A Proposed Amendment to A Physician Charter. Medical Education, 35:328-329, April 2013.
- Kobets AJ. Perlotto J. Angoff NR. An Intervention With Third-Year Medical Students to Encourage the Reporting and Management of Occupational Exposures. Academic Medicine, September 2012, Vol. 87, No. 9
- Peluso M. Ferretti F. Peterson J. Lee E. Gisslen M. Angoff NR. Cinque P. Price R. Spudich S. Discordance between Plasma and Cerebrospinal Fluid HIV in Virologically Controlled Patients Presenting with Neurologic Symptoms. Abstract CROI 2012
- Angoff NR. Professionalism and the medical student. Ann Intern Med. 2005 Feb 1;142(3):229.
- Fortin A. Haeseler F. Angoff NR. Cariaga-Lo L. Ellman M. Vasquez L. Bridger L. Teaching Pre-Clinical Medical Students an Integrated Approach to Medical Interviewing. JGIM, Vol. 17, September 2002
- Angoff NR. Making a Place for Emotions in Medicine, Yale Journal of Health Policy, Law and Ethics, [Book Review] Vol. II, Issue 2, Spring 2002
- Angoff NR. Crying in the Curriculum. JAMA, 286:9, 1017-1018, Sept. 2001
- Nelson W. Angoff NR. Binder E et al. Goals and Strategies for Teaching Death and Dying in Medical Schools. Journal of Pallative Medicine, Vol. 3, November 2000
- Angoff NR. Goldie SJ. Teaching Care of Terminally Ill Patients: A Primary Care Perspective. Connecticut Medicine, 61: 139-142, March 1998