Jeremy Asnes, MD
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Cardiology)
- Director, Congenital Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
Dr. Asnes provides diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization services for children and adults with congenital heart disease. Procedures Dr. Asnes performs in the catheterization laboratory include trancatheter heart valve implantation, atrial septal defect (ASD) and patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure, patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) closure, transcatheter treatment of aortic and pulmonary valve stenosis, transcatheter treatment of coarctation of the aorta, intravascular stent placement, and coil occlusion procedures. Dr. Asnes has extensive experience in the use of intracardiac echocardiography and is able to perform many of these procedures without the use of general anesthesia.
Dr. Asnes joined the Yale Pediatric Cardiology Section in July, 2005 after receiving additional training in interventional cardiac catheterization at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
Dr. Asnes' research interests include the use of catheter therapies for treatment of congenital and structural heart disease.
Specialized terms: Pediatric interventional cardiology; Structural heart disease intervention
Pulmonary Artery Repair with Covered Stents (PARCS) trial
- MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1991
- Materin MA, Kuzmik GA, Jubinsky PT, Minja FJ, Asnes JD, Bulsara K R. Verification of supraselective drug delivery for retinoblastoma using intra-arterial gadolinium. J Neurointerv Surg. 2012;0:1-3
- Christopher P. Ruisi, Neil Brysiewicz, Jeremy D Asnes, Lissa Sugeng, Mark Marieb, Jude Clancy, Joseph G. Akar. Use of Intracardiac Echocardiography During Atrial Fibrillation Ablation. Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology. 2013; 6:781-788
- Fishberger SB, Asnes JD, Rollinson NL, Cleman MW. Percutaneous right ventricular support during catheter ablation of intra-atrial reentrant tachycardia in an adult with a mustard baffle--a novel use of the Impella device. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2010 Oct;29(1):69-72.
- Jeremy D. Asnes MD John T Fahey MD. Novel Catheter Positioning Technique for Atretic Pulmonary Valve Perforation. Cathet Cardiovasc Intervent 2008;71:850-852.
- John T Fahey; Jeremy D. Asnes. Coronary thrombosis following surgical ligation of a large right coronary artery to right ventricle fistula. Congenital Heart Disease. Congenit Heart Dis. 2008; 3:295-598.
- Kutty S, Brown K, Asnes JD, Latson LA. Causes of Recurrent Focal Neurologic Events After Transcatheter Closure of Patent Foramen Ovale With the CardioSEAL Septal Occluder. Am J Cardiol. 2008; 101 (10):1487-92.
- Qureshi, Athar M. MD; Rhodes, John F. MD; Appachi, Elumulai MD; Mumtaz, Muhammad A.; Asnes, Jeremy MD; Radavansky, Penny RN; Latson, Larry A. MD. Transhepatic Broviac catheter placement for long-term central venous access in critically ill children with complex congenital heart disease. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2007 May;8(3):248-53.