Adebowale Adeniran, MD
- Associate Professor of Pathology
- Director of Cytopathology
- Director, Cytology Laboratory
- Director, Anatomic Pathology Elective
Dr. Adebowale Adeniran is an experienced surgical pathologist and cytopathologist, and currently Director of Cytopathology and the Cytology Laboratory. Dr. Adeniran obtained his MD degree from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. He did his anatomic/clinical pathology residency at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, followed by surgical pathology fellowship (with special interest in genitourinary pathology) at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center and cytopathology fellowship at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Adeniran is a practicing surgical and cyto pathologist, with a research focus on clinico-pathologic and molecular pathologic aspects of kidney cancer as well as thyroid cancer. He is a reviewer of several peer-reviewed journals including Thyroid, Acta Cytologica, Diagnostic Cytopathology and Cancer Cytopathology. He has authored more than 50 papers, 5 book chapters, and co-authored the textbook Common Diagnostic Pitfalls in Thyroid Cytopathology. He currently serves as Chairman, Publications and Newsletter committee of Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology.
Clinico-pathologic and molecular pathologic aspects of kidney and thyroid cancers.
Specialized Terms: Oncologic Surgical Pathology; Cytopathology; Urologic Pathology.
Biology of translocation renal cell carcinoma; Biology of the papillary thyroid carcinoma
- MD, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 1995
- Adeniran A.J, Tamboli P. Clear Cell Adenocarcinoma of the Urinary Bladder: A Short Review. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2009133:987-91
- Adeniran A, Al-Ahmadie H, Mahoney M, Robinson-Smith T. Granular Cell Tumor of the Breast: A Series of 17 Cases and Review of the Literature. The Breast Journal. 200410:528-531.
- Mafolasire A, Yao X, Nawaf C, Suarez-Sarmiento A, Chow WH, Zhao W, Corley D, Hofmann JN, Purdue M, Adeniran AJ, Shuch B. Cancer Med. 2016;5:2101-2108.
- Peterss S, Mansour AM, Ross JA, Vaitkeviciute I, Charilaou P, Dumfarth J, Fang H, Ziganshin BA, Rizzo JA, Adeniran AJ, Elefteriades JA. Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;68:1054-65.
- Bi M, Zhao S, Said JW, Merino MJ, Adeniran AJ, Xie Z, Nawaf CB, Choi J, Belldegrun AS, Pantuck AJ, Kluger HM, Bilgüvar K, Lifton RP, Shuch B. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:2170-5.
- Adeniran AJ, Shuch B, Humphrey PA. Am J Surg Pathol. 2015;39:e1-e18.
- Fu L, Humphrey PA, Adeniran AJ. J Urol. 2015;194:527-8
- Shuch B, Falbo R, Parisi F, Adeniran AJ, Kluger Y, Kluger HM, Jilaveanu L. Biomed Res. Int. 2015;2015:192406.
- Baine MK, Turcu G, Zito CR, Adeniran AJ, Camp RL, Chen L, Kluger HM, Jilaveanu LB. Oncotarget. 2015;6:24990-5002.
- Alomari A, Nettey OS, Singh D, Kluger HM, Adeniran AJ. Hum Pathol. 2015;46:1418-26.
- Barr ML, Jilaveanu LB, Camp RL, Adeniran AJ, Kluger HM, Shuch B. J Clin Pathol. 2015;68:12-7.
- Eilers SG, LaPolice P, Mukunyadzi P, Kapur U, Wendel Spiczka A, Shah A, Saleh H, Adeniran A, Nunez A, Balachandran I, Clark JJ, Lemon L. Cancer Cytopathol. 2014;122:745-50.
- Ustun B, Chhieng D, Holt E, Carling T, Udelsman R, Adeniran AJ. Cancer Cytopathol. 2014;122:536-45.
- Fu L, Humphrey PA, Adeniran AJ. J Urol. 2015;193:997-8.
- Adeniran AJ, Hui P. Expert Rev Endocrinol Metab. November 2014;9:571-577
- Ustun B, Chhieng D, Prasad M, Holt E, Udelsman R, Schofield K, Adeniran AJ. Endocr Pathol. 2014;25:257-64.
- Adeniran AJ, Theoharis C, Hui P, Prasad ML, Hammers L, Carling T, Udelsman R, Chhieng DC. Thyroid 2011;21: 717-23
- Adeniran AJ, Zhu Z, Gandhi M, Steward D.L, Fidler J.P, Giordano T.J, Biddinger P.W, Nikiforov Y.E. Am J Surg Pathol. 2006;30:216-222